<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>        <rss version="2.0"
            xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/"
            xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
            xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom">
            <channel>
                <atom:link href="https://english.dainikjagranmpcg.com/indian-coast-guard/tag-23969" rel="self" type="application/rss+xml" />
                <generator>Dainik Jagran English RSS Feed Generator</generator>
                <title>Indian Coast Guard - Dainik Jagran English</title>
                <link>https://english.dainikjagranmpcg.com/tag/23969/rss</link>
                <description>Indian Coast Guard RSS Feed</description>
                
                            <item>
                <title>Odisha Cargo Ship Sinks in Bay of Bengal, 24 Onboard</title>
                                    <description><![CDATA[<p><strong>Panama-flagged cargo vessel MT AISOPOS sinks off Odisha coast while carrying iron ore to Singapore. Coast Guard and Navy launch rescue operation for 24 crew members.</strong></p>]]></description>
                
                                    <content:encoded><![CDATA[<a href="https://english.dainikjagranmpcg.com/national/6a8acb258192b/article-27196"><img src="https://english.dainikjagranmpcg.com/media/400/2026-08/cargo-vessel-sinks-off-odisha-coast,-24-crew-members-onboard.jpg" alt=""></a><br /><p>A Panama-flagged cargo vessel carrying iron ore from Odisha to Singapore sank in the Bay of Bengal on Saturday, triggering a major search and rescue operation by the Indian Coast Guard and Navy. The vessel, <strong>MT AISOPOS</strong>, had 24 crew members onboard, most of whom were reportedly Chinese nationals.</p>
<p>The ship sank around 240 nautical miles, or nearly 444 km, from the Paradip coast, officials said. The vessel had arrived at Paradip Port on August 20 and departed the Odisha coast on Friday after loading iron ore for Singapore. The circumstances surrounding the sinking have not yet been established.</p>
<p>The Indian authorities have deployed multiple vessels to locate the crew members and assist survivors. The Coast Guard sent <strong>ICGS Varad</strong> and <strong>ICGS Anmol</strong> to the area, while <strong>ICGS Vijit</strong> was dispatched from Sri Vijaya Puram to support the operation. Other vessels sailing in the region have also been alerted and asked to assist in the search.</p>
<h3>Two Crew Members Rescued</h3>
<p>Officials said two survivors were located and rescued from two lifeboats associated with the vessel. However, the status of the remaining crew members was not immediately clear, with authorities continuing efforts to establish how many people have been rescued and whether others may have reached lifeboats or been picked up by nearby vessels.</p>
<p>The search is being conducted over a large stretch of the Bay of Bengal, making coordination between the Coast Guard, Navy and commercial ships in the area crucial. Weather and sea conditions could also affect the pace of the operation.</p>
<h3>Vessel Had Left Paradip</h3>
<p>According to the information available so far, MT AISOPOS had reached Paradip on August 20 before sailing for Singapore the following day with its cargo of iron ore. The vessel subsequently encountered difficulties and sank offshore on Saturday.</p>
<p>Authorities have not yet released details about what caused the vessel to sink. Investigators are expected to examine the ship's condition, weather and sea conditions, cargo and other operational factors as part of efforts to establish the circumstances of the incident.</p>
<p>The sinking occurred far from the Odisha coastline, approximately 444 km offshore, placing the rescue operation in challenging open-sea conditions.</p>
<h3>Search Operation Underway</h3>
<p>The Indian Coast Guard and Navy are continuing the coordinated search for the remaining crew. Additional vessels in the vicinity have been asked to keep watch for survivors and lifeboats.</p>
<p>Officials are expected to provide further information as rescue teams establish the whereabouts of the crew and assess the situation at sea. For now, the primary focus remains on locating and rescuing those who may still be missing.</p>
<p>The incident is developing, and details regarding casualties, the condition of the rescued crew and the exact cause of the sinking are awaited.</p>
<p> </p>]]></content:encoded>
                
                                                            <category>National</category>
                                    

                <link>https://english.dainikjagranmpcg.com/national/6a8acb258192b/article-27196</link>
                <guid>https://english.dainikjagranmpcg.com/national/6a8acb258192b/article-27196</guid>
                <pubDate>Sun, 23 Aug 2026 16:01:40 +0530</pubDate>
                                    <enclosure
                        url="https://english.dainikjagranmpcg.com/media/2026-08/cargo-vessel-sinks-off-odisha-coast%2C-24-crew-members-onboard.jpg"                         length="116373"                         type="image/jpeg"  />
                
                                    <dc:creator><![CDATA[Danik Jagran English]]></dc:creator>
                            </item>
            <item>
                <title>Bay of Bengal Boat Tragedy: Nine Bodies Recovered After Eight Days, Six Fishermen Still Missing</title>
                                    <description><![CDATA[<p><strong>Nine fishermen have been found dead after a trawler sank in the Bay of Bengal off West Bengal's South 24 Parganas. Six fishermen remain missing as rescue operations continue.</strong></p>]]></description>
                
                                    <content:encoded><![CDATA[<a href="https://english.dainikjagranmpcg.com/national/bay-of-bengal-boat-tragedy-nine-bodies-recovered-after-eight/article-22179"><img src="https://english.dainikjagranmpcg.com/media/400/2026-07/bay-of-bengal-boat-tragedy-nine-fishermen-found-dead-eight-days-after-trawler-sank;-six-still-missing.jpg" alt=""></a><br /><p>The death toll in the Bay of Bengal fishing trawler tragedy rose to nine after rescue teams recovered multiple bodies from a sunken vessel off the coast of South 24 Parganas in West Bengal, eight days after it went missing. Authorities said six fishermen remain untraceable, with search operations continuing in the region.</p>
<p>The trawler, Jai Maa Kali, had left Shankarpur fishing harbour in East Midnapore district on July 2 with 15 fishermen on board. Contact with the vessel was lost after July 6, prompting a large-scale search involving the Indian Coast Guard, police and local fishing communities.</p>
<h3>Bodies Recovered From Sunken Vessel</h3>
<p>After an extensive eight-day search, the sunken trawler was located near Bagher Char, around 35 kilometres off the Bakkhali coast, on Saturday.</p>
<p>Officials said the vessel was brought to the Sitarampur coast in Patharpratima on Sunday with assistance from several fishing boats. Rescue personnel then carried out an overnight operation, recovering nine bodies trapped inside the trawler.</p>
<p>Authorities said the bodies had remained underwater for several days and were in an advanced state of decomposition, making visual identification impossible.</p>
<h3>DNA Testing To Confirm Identity</h3>
<p>Officials confirmed that the identities of the deceased will be established through DNA testing.</p>
<p>Family members of the missing fishermen have gathered outside the Kakdwip Sub-divisional Hospital mortuary, awaiting confirmation of the victims' identities.</p>
<p>The prolonged exposure to seawater has complicated forensic identification, officials said.</p>
<h3>Six Fishermen Still Missing</h3>
<p>Rescue teams continue to search for the remaining six missing fishermen, with support from the Indian Coast Guard and local authorities.</p>
<p>Among those yet to be traced are three brothers from Odisha's Balasore district—Ravindra Majhi (52), Jayaram Majhi (49) and Jagannath Majhi (45).</p>
<p>According to a family member, the three brothers had regularly travelled to Shankarpur for fishing assignments over the years.</p>
<p>Officials also revealed that although 16 fishermen were initially scheduled to board the trawler, one individual did not join the voyage, reducing the final crew strength to 15.</p>
<p>The remaining missing and deceased fishermen belong to East Midnapore, Howrah and Nadia districts of West Bengal.</p>
<h3>Bad Weather Suspected</h3>
<p>Preliminary findings suggest the trawler may have capsized due to adverse weather conditions in the Bay of Bengal.</p>
<p>However, authorities have said the exact cause of the accident will only be determined after the completion of a detailed investigation into the sinking.</p>
<h3>PM Announces Ex-Gratia</h3>
<p>Prime Minister Narendra Modi expressed grief over the tragedy and announced an ex-gratia assistance of ₹2 lakh each from the Prime Minister's National Relief Fund (PMNRF) for the families of those who lost their lives.</p>
<p>Search and recovery operations remain underway as authorities continue efforts to locate the missing fishermen and complete the investigation into the incident.</p>
<p> </p>]]></content:encoded>
                
                                                            <category>National</category>
                                    

                <link>https://english.dainikjagranmpcg.com/national/bay-of-bengal-boat-tragedy-nine-bodies-recovered-after-eight/article-22179</link>
                <guid>https://english.dainikjagranmpcg.com/national/bay-of-bengal-boat-tragedy-nine-bodies-recovered-after-eight/article-22179</guid>
                <pubDate>Tue, 14 Jul 2026 18:24:15 +0530</pubDate>
                                    <enclosure
                        url="https://english.dainikjagranmpcg.com/media/2026-07/bay-of-bengal-boat-tragedy-nine-fishermen-found-dead-eight-days-after-trawler-sank%3B-six-still-missing.jpg"                         length="76464"                         type="image/jpeg"  />
                
                                    <dc:creator><![CDATA[Abhishek Joshi]]></dc:creator>
                            </item>
            <item>
                <title>Gujarat ATS seizes ₹1,150 crore cocaine near Mundra</title>
                                    <description><![CDATA[<p dir="ltr"><strong>Gujarat ATS and Coast Guard seized 118.98 kg cocaine near Mundra; African nationals detained and one crewman jumped overboard amid ongoing marine searches.</strong></p>
<p> </p>]]></description>
                
                                    <content:encoded><![CDATA[<a href="https://english.dainikjagranmpcg.com/national/gujarat-ats-seizes-%E2%82%B91150-crore-cocaine-near-mundra/article-19314"><img src="https://english.dainikjagranmpcg.com/media/400/2026-05/gujarat-ats,-coast-guard-seize-cocaine-worth-₹1,150-crore-near-mundra.jpg" alt=""></a><br /><p dir="ltr"><strong>118.98 kg found on Cyprus-flagged cargo ship 'Europe'; African nationals detained, one crewman jumped overboard</strong></p>
<p dir="ltr">A joint operation by the Gujarat Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) and the Indian Coast Guard on Tuesday led to the seizure of 118.98 kg of cocaine—valued at about ₹1,150 crore—from a Cyprus-flagged cargo vessel, ‘Europe’, anchored off Mundra in Kutch district, officials said.</p>
<p dir="ltr">Seizure at outer anchorage</p>
<p dir="ltr">Acting on specific intelligence, the teams intercepted the ship at the outer anchorage of Mundra Port late on Monday night, according to sources familiar with the probe. As enforcement vessels approached, crew members are reported to have thrown heavy bags overboard. Divers later recovered five floating bags comprising 115 packets of the narcotic, officials said. Four Apple AirTags and two satellite communication devices were also recovered from the vessel.</p>
<p dir="ltr">Crew and suspects</p>
<p dir="ltr">Gujarat ATS officials arrested a Tanzanian crew member, identified as Juma Nasir Omar, from the ship. Omar is reported to have admitted placing the consignment in the engine room in November 2025, according to investigators, saying he acted on the instructions of an overseas handler. A second Tanzanian crew member, named by sources as Ngingite Nassoro Jumanne, jumped into the sea during the raid and a marine search operation is underway.</p>
<p dir="ltr">Separately, the ATS said two men believed to be the intended receivers of the consignment were detained in Delhi during coordinated raids. They have been identified as Kelvin Chukwuma, a Nigerian national, and Byaruhanga James, a Ugandan national. Both are being transferred to Gujarat for questioning and formal charges, officials added.</p>
<p dir="ltr">Route and origin</p>
<p dir="ltr">Preliminary probe indicates the consignment originated in Brazil and moved through a circuitous route that included Mexico, the United States and Karachi before arriving off the Gujarat coast, investigators said. Officials recovered tracking devices and satellite equipment hidden in the steering room, which they said suggests an organised, transnational smuggling chain.</p>
<p dir="ltr">Quantity discrepancy, ongoing searches</p>
<p dir="ltr">Initial intelligence put the quantity at roughly 150 kg, but only 118.98 kg was recovered, prompting authorities to suspect some packets were deliberately discarded during the interception. Joint search-and-recovery sorties by the ATS, Coast Guard and local marine units continue in the adjacent waters to locate any remaining contraband, an official said late evening.</p>
<p dir="ltr">Legal action and probes</p>
<p dir="ltr">A criminal case under relevant narcotics laws has been registered at Mundra police station, and the ATS has taken the lead in the investigation. “We are coordinating with central agencies and international partners to trace the supply chain and handlers,” a senior ATS officer said on condition of anonymity. The National Investigation Agency and customs officials have been informed, sources added.</p>
<p dir="ltr">Local context and impact</p>
<p dir="ltr">Mundra, one of India’s busiest private ports, has seen increased maritime traffic in recent years, which officials say raises the challenge of policing sophisticated smuggling attempts. The seizure is the latest in a series of high-profile drug intercepts along the Gujarat coast that authorities credit to improved intelligence-sharing and stepped-up maritime patrolling.</p>
<p dir="ltr">Reactions from authorities</p>
<p dir="ltr">The Indian Coast Guard described the operation as a coordinated maritime enforcement action that prevented a major narcotics consignment from entering the domestic distribution chain. Gujarat police said the arrests and recoveries were the result of sustained intelligence inputs and targeted action under anti-drug initiatives launched in the state.</p>
<p dir="ltr">What happens next</p>
<p dir="ltr">Investigators will focus on interrogations, forensic analysis of recovered devices and phone records, and international liaison to identify suppliers and handlers. The detained suspects are expected to be produced before a magistrate after medical evaluation and procedural formalities. Meanwhile, marine teams continue to comb the waters near the anchorage for any discarded material.</p>
<p dir="ltr">Related developments</p>
<p dir="ltr">The seizure follows other recent drug busts in Gujarat, including a raid in Vapi that uncovered an alleged MD (mephedrone) manufacturing unit. Authorities say such operations are part of a broader crack-down on organised narcotics networks affecting the state and neighbouring regions.</p>
<p> </p>]]></content:encoded>
                
                                                            <category>National</category>
                                    

                <link>https://english.dainikjagranmpcg.com/national/gujarat-ats-seizes-%E2%82%B91150-crore-cocaine-near-mundra/article-19314</link>
                <guid>https://english.dainikjagranmpcg.com/national/gujarat-ats-seizes-%E2%82%B91150-crore-cocaine-near-mundra/article-19314</guid>
                <pubDate>Wed, 27 May 2026 16:47:12 +0530</pubDate>
                                    <enclosure
                        url="https://english.dainikjagranmpcg.com/media/2026-05/gujarat-ats%2C-coast-guard-seize-cocaine-worth-%E2%82%B91%2C150-crore-near-mundra.jpg"                         length="138944"                         type="image/jpeg"  />
                
                                    <dc:creator><![CDATA[Abhishek Joshi]]></dc:creator>
                            </item>

            </channel>
        </rss>
        