Satyendar Jain Arrest: How Delhi Jal Board Case Reached Court
Sandeep Patel
Satyendar Jain arrest in the Delhi Jal Board tender case explained, from the 2024 FIR and money trail to ACB custody and court proceedings.
Satyendar Jain arrest: The former Delhi minister was taken into custody by the Delhi Anti-Corruption Branch on August 18 along with former Delhi Jal Board CEO Udit Prakash Rai and four others in an alleged sewage treatment plant tender irregularities case. A Rouse Avenue court on August 19 sent Jain and four other accused to 14-day judicial custody, while another accused remained in ACB custody.
Case Began With FIR
The case traces back to an FIR registered by the Delhi Anti-Corruption Branch in May 2024. Investigators began examining alleged irregularities in the Delhi Jal Board's tender process for upgrading and augmenting sewage treatment plants.
The investigation focused on whether tender conditions were altered in a manner that restricted competition and benefited a particular private company. The case concerns projects covering multiple sewage treatment plants in Delhi.
Tender Process Under Probe
According to the Enforcement Directorate's earlier findings, the contracts involved four packages covering STPs at Pappankalan and Nilothi, Najafgarh and Keshopur, Coronation Pillar, Narela and Rohini, and Kondli.
The ED said its investigation found allegations that tender conditions were manipulated to make the process restrictive to a particular technology and allegedly enabled Euroteck Environmental Pvt Ltd to emerge as the beneficiary. These findings form part of the wider investigation and remain subject to judicial scrutiny.
Money Trail Emerges
Investigators have also examined the alleged financial trail connected with the tender process. The ACB's current case alleges that around Rs 1.52 crore was routed to accounts linked to former DJB CEO Udit Prakash Rai and his relatives.
The ED's separate money-laundering investigation had earlier reported a much larger alleged proceeds-of-crime figure. In a December 2025 prosecution complaint, the agency said it had identified approximately Rs 17.70 crore in alleged proceeds of crime and alleged illegal commissions of about Rs 6.73 crore.
Six Arrested By ACB
On August 18, 2026, the ACB arrested six people in connection with the case. They included former Water Minister Satyendar Jain, former DJB CEO Udit Prakash Rai, contractual consultant Ankit Shrivastava and private individuals linked to the tender investigation.
The arrests followed the agency's investigation into the alleged manipulation of technical specifications, tender conditions, communications and financial transactions. The agency is examining the role attributed to each accused separately.
Court Challenge And Custody
After the arrests, the accused were produced before the Rouse Avenue Court. Jain challenged the legality of his arrest and argued that he had not handled the technical aspects of the tendering process.
The court on August 19 refused to declare his arrest illegal. It subsequently sent Jain, Udit Prakash Rai and three other accused to 14-day judicial custody. Ankit Shrivastava was sent to two days of ACB custody for further questioning.
The court has also scheduled the bail applications for hearing on August 25, according to reports on the proceedings.
Jain Denies Wrongdoing
During the court proceedings, Jain sought to distance himself from the technical tender decisions. He said he had relied on experts for technical matters and disputed the allegations against him.
The Aam Aadmi Party has alleged that the arrest is politically motivated. Jain has also questioned the timing and linked it to the forthcoming Punjab Assembly elections. The BJP has rejected the political-vendetta allegations and defended the investigation, citing the alleged money trail.
What Happens Next
The ACB investigation will now focus on the alleged tender manipulation, financial transactions, electronic evidence and the individual roles of the accused. The court will consider the prosecution's evidence and the defence submissions as the proceedings continue.
The Satyendar Jain arrest does not establish guilt. The allegations against Jain and the other accused remain to be tested through the judicial process, while the August 25 bail hearing is expected to be the next significant development in the case.
Satyendar Jain Arrest: How Delhi Jal Board Case Reached Court
Sandeep Patel
Satyendar Jain arrest: The former Delhi minister was taken into custody by the Delhi Anti-Corruption Branch on August 18 along with former Delhi Jal Board CEO Udit Prakash Rai and four others in an alleged sewage treatment plant tender irregularities case. A Rouse Avenue court on August 19 sent Jain and four other accused to 14-day judicial custody, while another accused remained in ACB custody.
Case Began With FIR
The case traces back to an FIR registered by the Delhi Anti-Corruption Branch in May 2024. Investigators began examining alleged irregularities in the Delhi Jal Board's tender process for upgrading and augmenting sewage treatment plants.
The investigation focused on whether tender conditions were altered in a manner that restricted competition and benefited a particular private company. The case concerns projects covering multiple sewage treatment plants in Delhi.
Tender Process Under Probe
According to the Enforcement Directorate's earlier findings, the contracts involved four packages covering STPs at Pappankalan and Nilothi, Najafgarh and Keshopur, Coronation Pillar, Narela and Rohini, and Kondli.
The ED said its investigation found allegations that tender conditions were manipulated to make the process restrictive to a particular technology and allegedly enabled Euroteck Environmental Pvt Ltd to emerge as the beneficiary. These findings form part of the wider investigation and remain subject to judicial scrutiny.
Money Trail Emerges
Investigators have also examined the alleged financial trail connected with the tender process. The ACB's current case alleges that around Rs 1.52 crore was routed to accounts linked to former DJB CEO Udit Prakash Rai and his relatives.
The ED's separate money-laundering investigation had earlier reported a much larger alleged proceeds-of-crime figure. In a December 2025 prosecution complaint, the agency said it had identified approximately Rs 17.70 crore in alleged proceeds of crime and alleged illegal commissions of about Rs 6.73 crore.
Six Arrested By ACB
On August 18, 2026, the ACB arrested six people in connection with the case. They included former Water Minister Satyendar Jain, former DJB CEO Udit Prakash Rai, contractual consultant Ankit Shrivastava and private individuals linked to the tender investigation.
The arrests followed the agency's investigation into the alleged manipulation of technical specifications, tender conditions, communications and financial transactions. The agency is examining the role attributed to each accused separately.
Court Challenge And Custody
After the arrests, the accused were produced before the Rouse Avenue Court. Jain challenged the legality of his arrest and argued that he had not handled the technical aspects of the tendering process.
The court on August 19 refused to declare his arrest illegal. It subsequently sent Jain, Udit Prakash Rai and three other accused to 14-day judicial custody. Ankit Shrivastava was sent to two days of ACB custody for further questioning.
The court has also scheduled the bail applications for hearing on August 25, according to reports on the proceedings.
Jain Denies Wrongdoing
During the court proceedings, Jain sought to distance himself from the technical tender decisions. He said he had relied on experts for technical matters and disputed the allegations against him.
The Aam Aadmi Party has alleged that the arrest is politically motivated. Jain has also questioned the timing and linked it to the forthcoming Punjab Assembly elections. The BJP has rejected the political-vendetta allegations and defended the investigation, citing the alleged money trail.
What Happens Next
The ACB investigation will now focus on the alleged tender manipulation, financial transactions, electronic evidence and the individual roles of the accused. The court will consider the prosecution's evidence and the defence submissions as the proceedings continue.
The Satyendar Jain arrest does not establish guilt. The allegations against Jain and the other accused remain to be tested through the judicial process, while the August 25 bail hearing is expected to be the next significant development in the case.
Recommended For You
--------
๐จ Beat the News Rush โ Join Now!
Get breaking alerts, hot exclusives, and game-changing stories instantly on your phone. No delays, no fluff โ just the edge you need. โก
Tap to join:ย
๐ข WhatsApp Channel: Dainik Jagran MP CG
Crave more?
๐ Facebook: Dainik Jagran MP CG English
๐ ง Twitter (X): Dainik Jagran MP CG
๐ Instagram: Dainik Jagran MP CG
Share the fire โ keep your crew ahead! ๐๏ธ๐ฅ
