Minor Assault and Blackmail Case in Bhopal: SIT Intensifies Probe; One Accused Jailed, Another in Custody

Digital Desk

Minor Assault and Blackmail Case in Bhopal: SIT Intensifies Probe; One Accused Jailed, Another in Custody

A serious criminal case involving the alleged rape and blackmail of an 11th-grade minor has emerged in Madhya Pradesh’s capital, with police stepping up investigation through a Special Investigation Team (SIT). One accused has been sent to judicial custody, while the second remains on police remand until February 16 for interrogation.

Family members say the incident left the student severely traumatized. She reportedly avoided interaction with others and was hospitalized for four days after her health deteriorated. Due to her condition, officials have not yet been able to record a detailed statement. Police say they will do so once doctors confirm she is fit.

Investigators believe the suspects avoided hotels and instead used vehicles to carry out the crime to prevent their identities from being recorded. Acting on their disclosure, police have seized four cars, including an SUV, and recovered a sharp-edged weapon from one vehicle. Additional charges under the Arms Act have been invoked.

Authorities are still searching for the mobile phone allegedly used to record the video. Officers said the second accused has provided inconsistent statements about its whereabouts. Investigators suspect the device may contain crucial digital evidence and plan to send it for forensic examination once recovered.

The primary accused was arrested on February 3 and sent to jail, while the second was detained on February 8. A four-member SIT has been constituted given the gravity of the allegations. Police are also examining whether other victims may be involved, though no additional complaints have been filed so far.

The SIT officer leading the probe said further legal action will depend on the survivor’s testimony and forensic findings.

Related Posts

Advertisement

Latest News