Iran warns US: Sea of Oman will become graveyard

Digital Desk

Iran warns US: Sea of Oman will become graveyard

Senior Iranian official Mohsen Rezaei warns US to lift naval blockade as Israel places military on high alert for renewed strikes. Oil prices surge amid escalating tensions.

 

'Sea of Oman will become your graveyard': Iran hardliner warns US as Israel readies for renewed strikes

Tehran's Expediency Council member Mohsen Rezaei says US naval blockade amounts to 'act of war', as Israeli media reports military on high alert for fresh hostilities

A senior Iranian official has warned the United States to lift its naval blockade of Iranian ports, cautioning that the Sea of Oman could turn into a "graveyard" for American forces if tensions escalate further.

Mohsen Rezaei, a member of Tehran's Expediency Council and former commander of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, made the remarks during an interview with state television on Monday morning. He described the US blockade, first imposed on April 13, as an "act of war" and said Iran's military was fully prepared for additional confrontation.

"We advise the US military to end the siege before the Sea of Oman becomes your graveyard," Rezaei said. "The longer they prolong the naval blockade of Iran, the greater the damage to countries around the world will be."

Israeli military on high alert

The warning came as Israeli media reported that the Israel Defense Forces have been placed on high alert amid preparations for possible renewed hostilities with Iran. Public broadcaster Kan, citing an unnamed security official, said Israel would join any fresh American strikes and could target Iranian energy infrastructure.

The report followed a phone call lasting more than 30 minutes between US President Donald Trump and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday. Trump has maintained that the blockade will continue until Iran agrees to a peace deal on US terms.

Meanwhile, dozens of US cargo planes carrying ammunition from military bases in Germany landed in Tel Aviv over the past 24 hours, according to Channel 13. The broadcaster said the shipments were part of preparations for a possible resumption of military operations against Iran.

UAE nuclear plant attack draws Indian concern

India on Monday expressed concern over the reported drone attack targeting the Barakah Nuclear Power Plant in the United Arab Emirates, calling it a "dangerous escalation" and urging all sides to exercise restraint.

The UAE has blamed Iran or one of its proxies for the strike, which caused a fire just outside the nuclear facility. Officials confirmed there were no injuries or radiation alerts, with the emirate's nuclear regulator stating there was no radioactive leak or risk to the public.

In a statement, the Ministry of External Affairs said the attack was unacceptable and stressed the need for an immediate return to dialogue and diplomacy amid rising regional tensions.

Oil prices surge as diplomacy stalls

Oil prices rose another 2 per cent on Monday, with Brent crude trading at $110.72 a barrel – more than 50 per cent higher than before the US-Israel war on Iran began. Trump's warning that the "clock is ticking" for a peace deal has added to market jitters.

Iran signalled tighter control over the Strait of Hormuz earlier in the day, with authorities saying all vessels passing through the crucial shipping route must now coordinate with Iranian military forces. Reports from Hormuz Island said IRGC naval units have claimed authority over the strait, warning that military vessels would not be allowed to pass.

According to Iran's Foreign Ministry spokesperson, talks continue through Pakistan as a mediator, with both Tehran and Washington sending comments on a recent Iranian proposal. But Rezaei' rhetoric suggested any diplomatic breakthrough remains distant.

Strikes continue in Lebanon, Gaza

The Israeli military said it struck more than 30 Hezbollah infrastructure targets in southern Lebanon on Monday, including a weapons warehouse and observation posts. In Gaza, local reports said three Palestinians were killed when Israeli forces struck a kitchen providing meals to displaced people.

At least 871 people have been killed since the so-called "ceasefire" began last October, according to the Palestinian Health Ministry in Gaza.

 

--------

🚨 Beat the News Rush – Join Now!

Get breaking alerts, hot exclusives, and game-changing stories instantly on your phone. No delays, no fluff – just the edge you need. ⚡

Tap to join: 

🟢 WhatsApp Channel: Dainik Jagran MP CG

Crave more?

🅕 Facebook: Dainik Jagran MP CG English

🅧 Twitter (X): Dainik Jagran MP CG

🅘 Instagram: Dainik Jagran MP CG

Share the fire – keep your crew ahead! 🗞️🔥

english.dainikjagranmpcg.com
18 May 2026 By Abhishek Joshi

Iran warns US: Sea of Oman will become graveyard

Digital Desk

'Sea of Oman will become your graveyard': Iran hardliner warns US as Israel readies for renewed strikes

Tehran's Expediency Council member Mohsen Rezaei says US naval blockade amounts to 'act of war', as Israeli media reports military on high alert for fresh hostilities

A senior Iranian official has warned the United States to lift its naval blockade of Iranian ports, cautioning that the Sea of Oman could turn into a "graveyard" for American forces if tensions escalate further.

Mohsen Rezaei, a member of Tehran's Expediency Council and former commander of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, made the remarks during an interview with state television on Monday morning. He described the US blockade, first imposed on April 13, as an "act of war" and said Iran's military was fully prepared for additional confrontation.

"We advise the US military to end the siege before the Sea of Oman becomes your graveyard," Rezaei said. "The longer they prolong the naval blockade of Iran, the greater the damage to countries around the world will be."

Israeli military on high alert

The warning came as Israeli media reported that the Israel Defense Forces have been placed on high alert amid preparations for possible renewed hostilities with Iran. Public broadcaster Kan, citing an unnamed security official, said Israel would join any fresh American strikes and could target Iranian energy infrastructure.

The report followed a phone call lasting more than 30 minutes between US President Donald Trump and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday. Trump has maintained that the blockade will continue until Iran agrees to a peace deal on US terms.

Meanwhile, dozens of US cargo planes carrying ammunition from military bases in Germany landed in Tel Aviv over the past 24 hours, according to Channel 13. The broadcaster said the shipments were part of preparations for a possible resumption of military operations against Iran.

UAE nuclear plant attack draws Indian concern

India on Monday expressed concern over the reported drone attack targeting the Barakah Nuclear Power Plant in the United Arab Emirates, calling it a "dangerous escalation" and urging all sides to exercise restraint.

The UAE has blamed Iran or one of its proxies for the strike, which caused a fire just outside the nuclear facility. Officials confirmed there were no injuries or radiation alerts, with the emirate's nuclear regulator stating there was no radioactive leak or risk to the public.

In a statement, the Ministry of External Affairs said the attack was unacceptable and stressed the need for an immediate return to dialogue and diplomacy amid rising regional tensions.

Oil prices surge as diplomacy stalls

Oil prices rose another 2 per cent on Monday, with Brent crude trading at $110.72 a barrel – more than 50 per cent higher than before the US-Israel war on Iran began. Trump's warning that the "clock is ticking" for a peace deal has added to market jitters.

Iran signalled tighter control over the Strait of Hormuz earlier in the day, with authorities saying all vessels passing through the crucial shipping route must now coordinate with Iranian military forces. Reports from Hormuz Island said IRGC naval units have claimed authority over the strait, warning that military vessels would not be allowed to pass.

According to Iran's Foreign Ministry spokesperson, talks continue through Pakistan as a mediator, with both Tehran and Washington sending comments on a recent Iranian proposal. But Rezaei' rhetoric suggested any diplomatic breakthrough remains distant.

Strikes continue in Lebanon, Gaza

The Israeli military said it struck more than 30 Hezbollah infrastructure targets in southern Lebanon on Monday, including a weapons warehouse and observation posts. In Gaza, local reports said three Palestinians were killed when Israeli forces struck a kitchen providing meals to displaced people.

At least 871 people have been killed since the so-called "ceasefire" began last October, according to the Palestinian Health Ministry in Gaza.

 

https://english.dainikjagranmpcg.com/special-news/6a0ac601a0e9b/article-18692

Latest News

Iran warns US: Sea of Oman will become graveyard Iran warns US: Sea of Oman will become graveyard
Senior Iranian official Mohsen Rezaei warns US to lift naval blockade as Israel places military on high alert for renewed...
VD Satheesan Sworn in as Kerala CM with Full Cabinet
MS Dhoni fires at NSG range, hits six targets
CBI Arrests Latur Coaching Director in NEET Paper Leak Case
EA-18G Growler Jets Collide During US Air Show in Idaho
Ten Dead in Lakhimpur Kheri Road Crash on Highway
Beat Summer Heat Naturally: 5 Ancient Hydration Hacks for 2026