BMC Moves to Blacklist Studio Behind ‘Dhurandhar: The Revenge’ Over Alleged Safety Violations

Digital Desk

BMC Moves to Blacklist Studio Behind ‘Dhurandhar: The Revenge’ Over Alleged Safety Violations

Mumbai’s civic body, the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation, has initiated action against B62 Studios, the production house behind the upcoming film Dhurandhar: The Revenge, for alleged repeated safety violations during recent shoots, officials said. The move could result in the studio being barred from applying for filming permits in Mumbai, potentially disrupting ongoing and future production schedules.

Authorities have proposed permanent blacklisting of the studio along with two other applicants—Komal Pokhriyal and Nasir Khan—from the state’s official filming permission portal operated by the Maharashtra Film, Stage and Cultural Development Corporation Limited. Notices informing them of the action are expected to be issued shortly, according to civic officials.

The action stems from alleged violations observed during shoots conducted on February 7 and 8 in South Mumbai’s A ward. Officials said the production had been granted permission on January 30 to film between Modi Street and Perin Nariman Street. However, inspectors later reported that conditions imposed by police and municipal authorities were breached, including restrictions on the use of flammable materials and firecrackers.

In addition to the proposed blacklist, the civic body has recommended a ₹1 lakh penalty against B62 Studios and forfeiture of a ₹25,000 compliance deposit. Authorities allege the crew conducted filming on a building terrace and operated generator vans without required approvals.

A senior official told The Indian Express that once the order is finalized, the applicants will no longer be eligible to seek shooting permissions through official channels. Copies of the notices will also be shared with the state film cell and relevant municipal departments.

The film is directed by Aditya Dhar, known for previous commercially successful projects. Industry observers say the case highlights the tightening enforcement of civic and safety norms in Mumbai, a city that hosts hundreds of film shoots annually across public and private locations.

Civic authorities maintain that compliance with safety regulations is non-negotiable, especially in densely populated areas where filming activities can pose risks to residents and property. Officials added that stricter monitoring measures are being considered to prevent similar violations in future productions.

The final decision on the proposed blacklisting is pending administrative approval. If implemented, it could affect the film’s production timeline and raise broader concerns within the film industry about adherence to municipal safety protocols.

Related Posts

Advertisement

Latest News