Amitabh Bachchan Hospitalised at Nanavati Hospital

Digital Desk

Amitabh Bachchan Hospitalised at Nanavati Hospital

Amitabh Bachchan hospitalisation reports sparked concern after claims of his admission to Mumbai’s Nanavati Hospital surfaced online.

Amitabh Bachchan Hospitalised? Family Sources Call It Routine Check-Up

Veteran actor Amitabh Bachchan has reportedly been admitted to Mumbai’s Nanavati Hospital, triggering concern among fans. While reports claimed health complications, sources close to the family said it was a routine medical check-up.

Veteran Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan has reportedly been admitted to Mumbai’s Nanavati Max Super Speciality Hospital, with conflicting claims emerging over the nature of his health condition. The development surfaced late Tuesday after entertainment journalist Vicky Lalwani claimed through a YouTube video that the 83-year-old actor had been under medical supervision since May 16.

According to the claim, Bachchan was admitted to the A-wing of the hospital and his son, actor Abhishek Bachchan, was seen visiting the facility on Tuesday evening. However, there has been no official statement from the Bachchan family or the hospital regarding the reports till the time of filing this story.

Claims Trigger Concern

The reports quickly gained traction on social media, with fans expressing concern over the actor’s health. Lalwani stated in his video that he personally visited the hospital and received confirmation about Bachchan’s admission.

He further claimed that the veteran actor had been dealing with stomach-related health issues for a long time. These claims, however, remain independently unverified.

Conflicting Accounts Emerge

Amid growing speculation, a source close to the Bachchan family told media outlets that the actor had been admitted only for a routine medical evaluation. No details were shared about the duration of his stay or the nature of the tests being conducted.

Film director Vivek Sharma, who has worked with Bachchan in the past, told Dainik Bhaskar that he had tried seeking an appointment with the actor nearly two weeks ago but was informed that permission to meet him was unavailable.

“He is either in hospital or under doctors’ supervision,” Sharma reportedly said, adding that Bachchan’s health did not appear to be in good condition. His remarks added to the speculation already surrounding the actor’s hospitalisation.

Long History Of Health Issues

Over the years, Amitabh Bachchan has openly spoken about several health complications. The actor has battled liver-related ailments, asthma and other age-related conditions.

One of the most serious phases in his life came in 1982 during the shooting of the film Coolie. Bachchan suffered a near-fatal abdominal injury while filming an action scene with actor Puneet Issar in Bengaluru.

The accident caused internal injuries and intestinal rupture, leading to multiple surgeries and a prolonged hospital stay. At one point, doctors reportedly feared for his survival as infection had spread due to delayed diagnosis. The incident remains one of the most talked-about medical emergencies involving an Indian film star.

Fans Await Official Update

Outside the hospital, there was no unusual public activity till Tuesday night, though fan pages and entertainment forums remained flooded with messages wishing the actor a speedy recovery.

Amitabh Bachchan continues to remain active professionally despite his age. He has maintained a regular presence on television, social media and film projects, often sharing updates directly with fans through his blog and online posts.

Industry observers said the absence of an official clarification was fuelling unnecessary speculation around the actor’s condition.

Hospital Yet To Respond

As of now, Nanavati Max Super Speciality Hospital has not issued any medical bulletin or statement regarding Amitabh Bachchan’s reported admission. Family members have also remained silent on the matter.

Until an official update emerges, reports around Amitabh Bachchan hospitalisation continue to rely largely on media claims and unnamed sources.

 

--------

🚨 Beat the News Rush – Join Now!

Get breaking alerts, hot exclusives, and game-changing stories instantly on your phone. No delays, no fluff – just the edge you need. ⚡

Tap to join: 

🟢 WhatsApp Channel: Dainik Jagran MP CG

Crave more?

🅕 Facebook: Dainik Jagran MP CG English

🅧 Twitter (X): Dainik Jagran MP CG

🅘 Instagram: Dainik Jagran MP CG

Share the fire – keep your crew ahead! 🗞️🔥

english.dainikjagranmpcg.com
20 May 2026 By Abhishek Joshi

Amitabh Bachchan Hospitalised at Nanavati Hospital

Digital Desk

Amitabh Bachchan Hospitalised? Family Sources Call It Routine Check-Up

Veteran actor Amitabh Bachchan has reportedly been admitted to Mumbai’s Nanavati Hospital, triggering concern among fans. While reports claimed health complications, sources close to the family said it was a routine medical check-up.

Veteran Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan has reportedly been admitted to Mumbai’s Nanavati Max Super Speciality Hospital, with conflicting claims emerging over the nature of his health condition. The development surfaced late Tuesday after entertainment journalist Vicky Lalwani claimed through a YouTube video that the 83-year-old actor had been under medical supervision since May 16.

According to the claim, Bachchan was admitted to the A-wing of the hospital and his son, actor Abhishek Bachchan, was seen visiting the facility on Tuesday evening. However, there has been no official statement from the Bachchan family or the hospital regarding the reports till the time of filing this story.

Claims Trigger Concern

The reports quickly gained traction on social media, with fans expressing concern over the actor’s health. Lalwani stated in his video that he personally visited the hospital and received confirmation about Bachchan’s admission.

He further claimed that the veteran actor had been dealing with stomach-related health issues for a long time. These claims, however, remain independently unverified.

Conflicting Accounts Emerge

Amid growing speculation, a source close to the Bachchan family told media outlets that the actor had been admitted only for a routine medical evaluation. No details were shared about the duration of his stay or the nature of the tests being conducted.

Film director Vivek Sharma, who has worked with Bachchan in the past, told Dainik Bhaskar that he had tried seeking an appointment with the actor nearly two weeks ago but was informed that permission to meet him was unavailable.

“He is either in hospital or under doctors’ supervision,” Sharma reportedly said, adding that Bachchan’s health did not appear to be in good condition. His remarks added to the speculation already surrounding the actor’s hospitalisation.

Long History Of Health Issues

Over the years, Amitabh Bachchan has openly spoken about several health complications. The actor has battled liver-related ailments, asthma and other age-related conditions.

One of the most serious phases in his life came in 1982 during the shooting of the film Coolie. Bachchan suffered a near-fatal abdominal injury while filming an action scene with actor Puneet Issar in Bengaluru.

The accident caused internal injuries and intestinal rupture, leading to multiple surgeries and a prolonged hospital stay. At one point, doctors reportedly feared for his survival as infection had spread due to delayed diagnosis. The incident remains one of the most talked-about medical emergencies involving an Indian film star.

Fans Await Official Update

Outside the hospital, there was no unusual public activity till Tuesday night, though fan pages and entertainment forums remained flooded with messages wishing the actor a speedy recovery.

Amitabh Bachchan continues to remain active professionally despite his age. He has maintained a regular presence on television, social media and film projects, often sharing updates directly with fans through his blog and online posts.

Industry observers said the absence of an official clarification was fuelling unnecessary speculation around the actor’s condition.

Hospital Yet To Respond

As of now, Nanavati Max Super Speciality Hospital has not issued any medical bulletin or statement regarding Amitabh Bachchan’s reported admission. Family members have also remained silent on the matter.

Until an official update emerges, reports around Amitabh Bachchan hospitalisation continue to rely largely on media claims and unnamed sources.

 

https://english.dainikjagranmpcg.com/special-news/amitabh-bachchan-hospitalised-at-nanavati-hospital/article-18863

Related Posts

Latest News