Pakistan Airstrikes in Balochistan After BLA Claims 32 Soldiers Killed
Digital desk
Pakistan has carried out fresh airstrikes in Balochistan after the BLA claimed 32 Pakistani soldiers were killed in attacks across the province.
Pakistan has carried out fresh airstrikes in Balochistan amid a surge in attacks by the Baloch Liberation Army (BLA) against Pakistani security forces, according to reports citing intelligence sources.
The latest escalation comes after the BLA claimed that its fighters had killed 32 Pakistani soldiers in attacks across the province this month.
According to sources cited by CNN-News18, Pakistani aircraft carried out strikes in areas including Surab and Gwadar. The sources claimed that at least 21 civilians, including women and children, were killed in the strikes. The casualty figures have not been independently verified.
BLA Launches Multiple Attacks
The reported Pakistani strikes came as the BLA carried out a series of attacks against security forces at multiple locations in Balochistan.
According to the reports, the group launched six attacks, primarily targeting police and military personnel.
In Chagai district, BLA members reportedly attacked and destroyed a police station in a midnight bombing, killing three security personnel.
Other reported attacks included an assault on a Pakistani military camp in Jhao, an attack on a security forces convoy along the Khuzdar RCD Highway, and an ambush targeting military vehicles in Wadh.
The group also reportedly attacked a security checkpoint in the Manguchar Bazaar area.
In Yakmach, BLA militants reportedly ambushed commercial vehicles and hijacked a truck.
Casualty figures from these overnight attacks were not immediately available.
Pakistan Reports Insurgent Casualties
Earlier on Wednesday, Pakistani authorities said security forces had killed 10 insurgents during clashes in Balochistan.
Authorities also reported a failed car-bombing attempt in which explosives detonated prematurely.
According to Pakistani officials, the incident killed at least 11 people, including eight people allegedly involved in preparing the explosives and three people inside a nearby house.
The incidents have added to growing concerns over a fresh escalation between Pakistani security forces and Baloch insurgent groups.
Civilian Casualties Reported
The latest airstrikes have also raised concerns over civilian casualties.
Sources cited in the reports said that strikes in Surab and Gwadar killed at least 21 civilians, including women and children.
The claims have not been independently confirmed, and there has been no comprehensive independent assessment of the reported civilian toll.
The competing claims over casualties come as both sides intensify military operations and attacks across the province.
Long-Running Baloch Insurgency
Balochistan has faced an armed insurgency for decades, with several Baloch nationalist groups demanding greater autonomy or independence from Pakistan.
The Baloch Liberation Army is among the most prominent armed groups involved in the conflict. It has carried out attacks against Pakistani military personnel, police, infrastructure and other targets.
Baloch nationalist groups argue that the region's integration into Pakistan was not voluntary and have accused Islamabad of political and economic exploitation.
Pakistan has rejected such claims and has consistently described the armed groups operating in the province as militant and terrorist organisations.
Resource-Rich but Poor Province
Balochistan is Pakistan's largest province by area and has significant reserves of natural resources.
Despite its mineral and energy wealth, it remains Pakistan's poorest province, with local communities frequently complaining that they have not benefited adequately from the region's resources.
Baloch activists have also alleged discrimination against the Baloch population and accused Pakistan's federal government and political establishment of exploiting the province's natural wealth.
Islamabad has maintained that development and security efforts are necessary to counter militancy and improve stability in the region.
Escalation Raises Regional Concerns
The latest cycle of BLA attacks and Pakistani military operations marks another escalation in the long-running Balochistan conflict.
With militant attacks continuing alongside air and ground operations by Pakistani security forces, concerns are growing over further civilian casualties and displacement.
The competing claims made by Pakistani authorities and the BLA are likely to remain difficult to independently verify, particularly in areas where access for journalists and independent observers is limited.
Further developments will depend on whether Pakistan expands its military campaign and whether the BLA continues its attacks against security and military targets across the province.
Pakistan Airstrikes in Balochistan After BLA Claims 32 Soldiers Killed
Digital desk
Pakistan has carried out fresh airstrikes in Balochistan amid a surge in attacks by the Baloch Liberation Army (BLA) against Pakistani security forces, according to reports citing intelligence sources.
The latest escalation comes after the BLA claimed that its fighters had killed 32 Pakistani soldiers in attacks across the province this month.
According to sources cited by CNN-News18, Pakistani aircraft carried out strikes in areas including Surab and Gwadar. The sources claimed that at least 21 civilians, including women and children, were killed in the strikes. The casualty figures have not been independently verified.
BLA Launches Multiple Attacks
The reported Pakistani strikes came as the BLA carried out a series of attacks against security forces at multiple locations in Balochistan.
According to the reports, the group launched six attacks, primarily targeting police and military personnel.
In Chagai district, BLA members reportedly attacked and destroyed a police station in a midnight bombing, killing three security personnel.
Other reported attacks included an assault on a Pakistani military camp in Jhao, an attack on a security forces convoy along the Khuzdar RCD Highway, and an ambush targeting military vehicles in Wadh.
The group also reportedly attacked a security checkpoint in the Manguchar Bazaar area.
In Yakmach, BLA militants reportedly ambushed commercial vehicles and hijacked a truck.
Casualty figures from these overnight attacks were not immediately available.
Pakistan Reports Insurgent Casualties
Earlier on Wednesday, Pakistani authorities said security forces had killed 10 insurgents during clashes in Balochistan.
Authorities also reported a failed car-bombing attempt in which explosives detonated prematurely.
According to Pakistani officials, the incident killed at least 11 people, including eight people allegedly involved in preparing the explosives and three people inside a nearby house.
The incidents have added to growing concerns over a fresh escalation between Pakistani security forces and Baloch insurgent groups.
Civilian Casualties Reported
The latest airstrikes have also raised concerns over civilian casualties.
Sources cited in the reports said that strikes in Surab and Gwadar killed at least 21 civilians, including women and children.
The claims have not been independently confirmed, and there has been no comprehensive independent assessment of the reported civilian toll.
The competing claims over casualties come as both sides intensify military operations and attacks across the province.
Long-Running Baloch Insurgency
Balochistan has faced an armed insurgency for decades, with several Baloch nationalist groups demanding greater autonomy or independence from Pakistan.
The Baloch Liberation Army is among the most prominent armed groups involved in the conflict. It has carried out attacks against Pakistani military personnel, police, infrastructure and other targets.
Baloch nationalist groups argue that the region's integration into Pakistan was not voluntary and have accused Islamabad of political and economic exploitation.
Pakistan has rejected such claims and has consistently described the armed groups operating in the province as militant and terrorist organisations.
Resource-Rich but Poor Province
Balochistan is Pakistan's largest province by area and has significant reserves of natural resources.
Despite its mineral and energy wealth, it remains Pakistan's poorest province, with local communities frequently complaining that they have not benefited adequately from the region's resources.
Baloch activists have also alleged discrimination against the Baloch population and accused Pakistan's federal government and political establishment of exploiting the province's natural wealth.
Islamabad has maintained that development and security efforts are necessary to counter militancy and improve stability in the region.
Escalation Raises Regional Concerns
The latest cycle of BLA attacks and Pakistani military operations marks another escalation in the long-running Balochistan conflict.
With militant attacks continuing alongside air and ground operations by Pakistani security forces, concerns are growing over further civilian casualties and displacement.
The competing claims made by Pakistani authorities and the BLA are likely to remain difficult to independently verify, particularly in areas where access for journalists and independent observers is limited.
Further developments will depend on whether Pakistan expands its military campaign and whether the BLA continues its attacks against security and military targets across the province.
Recommended For You
--------
đ¨ Beat the News Rush â Join Now!
Get breaking alerts, hot exclusives, and game-changing stories instantly on your phone. No delays, no fluff â just the edge you need. âĄ
Tap to join:Â
đ˘ WhatsApp Channel: Dainik Jagran MP CG
Crave more?
đ Facebook: Dainik Jagran MP CG English
đ § Twitter (X): Dainik Jagran MP CG
đ Instagram: Dainik Jagran MP CG
Share the fire â keep your crew ahead! đď¸đĽ
